We are looking for a Systems Engineer who is open to expand his/her knowledge and specialize in supporting tools within the Unix/Windows platform that is responsible for creating events within the ITSM framework. This is an excellent opportunity for Systems Engineers looking to expand their scope and knowledge of the IT Infrastructure in an enterprise setting.
- Core knowledge in Unix or Windows Administration
- Great analytical skills in troubleshooting incidents
- Experienced in reading logs from different platforms and applications
- Ability to provide out-of-the-box solutions
- Knowledge in performance and capacity management related to supported platforms (Unix or Windows)
If you are:
- Looking to specialize in technical monitoring tools such as BMC TrueSight, HP SiteScope, Splunk, Oracle Enterprise Manager, and AppDynamics.
- Looking for growth in the IT industry beyond the scope of Unix or Windows Administration
- Excited for engineering work such as creating events, creating thresholds and parameters, analyzing performance and capacity issues on platforms and applications
- Challenged in working with integration of monitoring tools with ServiceNow
- A fast-learner, flexible, and proactive.
- Able to work independently.
- Open to handle on-call support, holiday support as soon as brought up to speed in the team. (Typically, after 2-3 months of hiring).
- Knowledgeable with some scripting language (Perl, python) or open to learning.
This is an excellent opportunity in deepening and broadening your experience of the IT infrastructure.