- Minimum of 10+ years’ experience working on network infrastructure: Data Centers, Security, WAN, LAN, Wireless, SD-WAN.
- Minimum of 8+ years’ experience in administering and troubleshooting network devices like routers, switches, firewalls, network aggregators, load-balancers, wireless devices as well as data centers and WAN technologies
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience in administering, installation and troubleshooting wireless devices (Cisco, Aruba, Meraki).
- Must have excellent troubleshooting skills. • Must have understanding of OSI layers and TCP/IP fundamentals – can go deep into packet level troubleshooting using tools such as wireshark, tcp dump, netflow, etc… • Experience in AirWave, Clearpass is desired.
- Experience in working with Network Load Balancers (Citrix Netscaler, NSX, F5), Security (Palo Alto, NSX, Cisco ASA, Palo Alto) and Microsoft Azure is a plus.
- Strong inter-personal skills to effectively represent IT concepts to executive level management and end users • Strong in verbal and written English. Must be able to communicate and write clearly and assertively especially during high stress situations
- Must have the self-initiative to learn and adapt to new technologies in a fast-paced environment; willing to take advantage of opportunities for professional growth
- Punctual and available to work 24×7 whenever required
- Willing to work on a shifting schedule • Actively participates in meetings or any company events • Must be able and willing to cross train to other network technologies such as firewall, wireless, proxies, and VPN technologies
Major Key Competency:
- Strong Routing and Switching knowledge and experience • Logical network flow/packet analysis • Aruba, Cisco and Meraki knowledge and experience
- Security (Palo Alto, Check Point, NSX) knowledge • Load Balancer (F5, NSX)
This is primarily an operations role which may require project involvement as needed. As part of the support team, accountabilities include processing of Requests, supporting and resolving Incidents, implementing Changes, and reviewing Problems.
- Demonstrates a service-oriented approach in processing customer requirements and requests
- Provides second level network incident support (in a shifting or on call rotation) for incident tickets not resolved by Level 1 – with a primary focus on service restoration
- Performs in-depth troubleshooting and complex analysis of network protocols such as TCP/IP, SIP, VoIP, Wireless, BGP, OSPF, Etc.), collaborates with other teams to identify root cause.
- Performs administration and maintenance of network security devices like proxies, load balancers, firewalls, and different VPN technologies
- Ensures changes meet required standards and quality prior to deployment in the production environment to minimize the impact to the business
- Strictly follows the change management process
- Provides effective time management and work prioritization to meet target dates for activities and project tasks; identifies risks which may impact the ability to meet deliverables.
- Demonstrates excellent attention to detail with a focus on delivering quality work; seeks continuous improvement for the betterment of the organization
- Accountable to the team’s commitments, deliverables, and SLA’s