A skilled and competent member of a small cross-functional core team focused on providing a Centre of Excellence for MS SQL SERVER DBMS within the wider build team. This core team, will be responsible for application development and related database administration functions for very large relational databases. As a member if this team, the DBA will be focus in implementing scalable systems and databases for a new and on-going development of the Organization’s applications.
- 3-5+ years of hands-on experience as a SQL Server Database Administrator, working directly with SQL Server 2012, 2014 and 2016.
- Experience in applying patch for SQL Server.
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring, troubleshooting tools (SQL Profile and Performance Monitoring), Indexing and Partitioning.
- Experience in the use of Windows Server 2008/R2 – 2016 includes Windows server clustering technology.
- Experience in backup and restore (including redirected restoration) using Native tool or third-party tool like Actifio & Networker.
- Experience in High Availability SQL Server solutions including Always On Availability Group, Log Shipping, Replication.
- Strong knowledge in the use of SQL Server Tools; SSIS, SSRS and SSMS.
- Demonstrated use of scripting, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Cursors, Logins and Views.
- Results oriented get-it-done personality, willing to take responsibility and accept accountability for action.
- Ability to organize and plan work independently.
- Flexible and ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- Genuine desire to provide superior customer service.
- Excellent oral and written skills with the ability to interact with senior management and business customers are essential in this role.
- Strong understanding of ITIL service support and service delivery.
- Having secondary skillset on SQL Azure DB or DevOps tools is not required but nice to have.
- Amenable in shifting schedule, On-Call and/or night shift