Experience : Immersed on build, install, configure setup with 3-5 years hands-on experience however open to 1-2 years as well.
Primary technologies : Docker, Kubernetes, Istio, Azure, GCP/AWS (1 public cloud knowledge is a must), Terraform, Puppet
Nice to Have: CI/CD Toolchain, Java J2EE, C++
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implement codified cloud infrastructure, working with technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Istio, Calico, Envoy, and Terraform.
- Lead Cost Governance of cloud through policies, data analytics, and best practices.
- Lead enterprise-wide standardization efforts around compute infrastructure, accounts/VPCs, traffic management, CI-CD tools, and Observability platforms.
- Lead projects to develop and maintain cloud infrastructure using infrastructure as code philosophy.
- Help build and integrate security as part of the infrastructure.
- Lead efforts to implement new technologies and best practices.
- Mentor junior team members to define and adopt new or improve existing processes and procedures.
- 1-2 years hands-on experience in cloud technologies. Azure, GCP/AWS, and Kubernetes required. One public cloud knowledge is a must.
- Demonstrated understanding of overall infrastructure design and developing tools to enable and automate the infrastructure.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Terraform, Puppet, Python, Ansible etc.
- Experience with object-oriented programing languages such as Java, J2EE, C++, .net.
- Ability to adopt to platform as a product mindset and contribute to it.
- Deep understanding of CI/CD tool chain and hands-on experience in building pipelines for different cloud components is required.
- The drive and self-motivation to understand the intricate details of a complex infrastructure environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical project stakeholders.
- An interest and past experience in IT security.
- Several years of DevOps/SRE experience.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent, Azure or Google Certified Solution Architect preferred