JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Candidate will report directly to Safeway Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis and local Manager for admin part.
• Key role in period end close process
– Extracting, transforming, loading financial content from the system of record to Essbase and Hyperion (Plan, Actual and Forecast and Capex).
– Reconcile financial data in Hyperion vs Essbase load.
– Update flash dashboard and headcount and IT requisition data every period close using Microsoft Access.
– Reconcile Headcount report with onshore HR.
– Update Contractor’s Report using PMO’s reports
– Identify what are booked in Lawson and removed placeholders in Flash.
– Update data files for merger, Flash and Capex
– Prepare and validate Open PO report using macro excel.
– Generate and communicate financial reports to onshore analyst team.
– Review Philtech project chargebacks.
– Assist Manager on generating Asset Management Custom Software report.
• Update PowerBi report and update it based on IT Finance Director’s direction.
• Reconcile financial data between the corporate system of record and the project management system.
• Assist Primary FP&A on consolidating operating plan and Forecast
• Assist Financial Systems Team for all testing requirements related to Essbase and Hyperion and all other systems used by FP&A Team.
• Recommend ways to improve closing process and policy making & documentation
• Documentation of the workflow processes in FP&A role
• Lead the Manila team in delivering the required outputs and deliverables and serve as overall POC or resource person on queries.
• Assist IT Purchasing Team on processing invoices.
• Perform duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance and Economics or equivalent experience.
At least 8-10 years of relevant experience in financial planning, reporting and analysis, demonstrating progressively greater responsibilities.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to present analyses and recommendations to senior management.
• SME in handling large amounts of data and able to identify key trends and variances and summarize.
• Very familiar with various systems and data sources to gather and assimilate required information.
• Competent in preparing key financial reports
• Advanced problem-solving skill. A demonstrated track record of making a difference and adding value.
• Advanced PC skills in MS Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Word). Experience with Hyperion Essbase and writing SQL queries
• Familiarity with Information Technology environment and/or Retail.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
• Brings a strong sense of “customer service,” a strong responsiveness ethic, and a sense of urgency.
• Independent in work ethic and thought process, needing little direction / supervision
• Able to foster teamwork among Manila team and onshore
• Able to lead a team of Financial analyst and provide certain level of coaching & mentoring being the most senior personnel based in Manila
• Provide assistance to the IT FP&A manager about the performance appraisal of associate and intermediary staff in Manila