The Senior Software Engineer with a good experience in development process, life cycle, design, creation, and maintenance of software intended to meet client requirements/specifications.
Regularly leads important projects that require providing experienced team members with instruction, guidance, and advice in all aspects of the project to ensure delivery of quality outcomes.
Able to independently resolve complex projects, issues, and challenges encountered.
Operational role, responsible for delivering results that have direct impact on the achievement of results within the job area and may also impact a wider operational area.
At this level, the incumbent is expected that he/she can instruct professional or technical staff and review the quality of the work undertaken.
Self-sufficient, capable of identifying key issues and priorities. Focused to deliver required results with minimal direction and supervision.
Demonstrate a degree of flexibility in resolving problems/issues that attest to in-depth command of all techniques, processes, tools, and standards within the relevant field of specialization.
Able to identify problems and significantly improve, change, or adapt existing methods and techniques.
- 6-8 years experience in application development and support
- Graduate of Computer Science or Information Technology from a reputable school
- Proficient in multiple programming languages such as Java and .NET
- Good working experience with different operating systems such as Windows, Unix/Linux (Red Hat, Solaris and AIX)
- Good knowledge of different databases
- Good working experience on Standard Query Language (SQL)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with attention to detail
- Experience in Open Source Frameworks such as Struts, Spring, and/or Hibernate
- Demonstrates good judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for creating, maintaining, implementing, and documenting application solution that meet client requirements
- Responsible for application design and coordinate action plans with the development team
- Establish a detailed application specification through discussion with business clients
- Develop solutions to predictable problems for business clients
- Work as part of the team
- Conduct unit and regression tests
- Conduct user-acceptance tests to ensure application effectiveness before production deployment
- Write detailed technical and user documentations
- Work on problems of varied scope
- Maintain working relationship with application system stakeholders
- Resolve complex issues in application’s development and production environments
- Respond, troubleshoot, and restore application and services during production emergencies and environment changes
- Mentor, coach and train junior developers/programmer analyst