The DB2 UDB Database Administrator will be handling basic to advanced troubleshooting of incidents; provisioning, configuration and completion of requests from local and on-shore users and related support tasks assigned by the TL (Team Lead) or the manager. This position can also act as the TL or provide guidance and or coaching to his colleagues as needed or requested.
- Performs 1st and 2nd level break/fix support for the following Db platforms:
- IBM DB2 UDB DBMS (8.x / 9.x / 10.x) on UNIX, Linux environment
- Performs administration and maintenance of UDB databases
- Provides support and engineering tasks for UDB databases
- Other tasks to be performed:
- Db Refresh
- Db performance monitoring
- Ensuring data integrity
- Db Tuning
- Database space maintenance
- database backup and restore
- Monitor transaction logs, must have very good understanding of how it works
- Understand REORGCHECK result, and perform database REORG
- Update database objects statistics
- Monitor contention, blocking issues
- Define client-server connections
- Maintain database access and security
- Provides assessment and recommendations in resolving incidents and completion of assigned requests.
- Coordination with other groups in the organization as needed.
- Conducts training and or knowledge transfer as needed.
- Innovates db automation and process improvements.
- On-call 12 x 7