The Enterprise Software Deployment Administrator will focus on the management and proactive maintenance of the Software Configuration Management tools to ensure performance of internal information systems.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide expertise and recommendation to other teams for the deployment requirements.
- Act as a liaison to ensure successful engagement with other support groups and project teams.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for code versioning and deployment of package applications across datacenter servers.
- Manages the project creation, configuration items, versioning, compilation/build packaging, and deployment of code applications
- Develop documentation standards, procedures and approval hierarchy
- Create innovations and develops scripts to automate systems administration tasks, monitoring, configurations and deployments.
- Perform advance systems administration tasks like system migration, upgrades, integration, testing and maintenance
- Provide recommendation for performance tuning and optimization.
- Investigate and resolve high complexity issues and work with developers, vendors, engineers, project teams and other support groups.
- 4 year degree (Information Systems, Computer Science, or relational functional field) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience.
- At least 3-5 years of Task Management experience, with an Application Development, Deployment/Technical Project Management, Software Build, Engineering.
- Strong functional understanding of hardware/software build and deployment.
- Strong ability to coordinate multiple projects for a single release activity and to create single scripts for deployments, reporting and analytics.
- Strong knowledge of Project Management Methodology and Tools (e.g. MS Project, Visio, Agile, SDLC etc.) with a strong knowledge of Project Management Disciplines.
- Knowledgeable in Legacy, COTS (commercial off the shelf), Datastage, Weblogic and WebSphere application deployments
- Knowledgeable in Software Configuration Management tools for versioning, build and deployment, i.e ChangeMan DS, ANT, Maven, Subversion, GIT, Jenkins, Nexus, Dimensions
- Knowledgeable in Release Management and Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Knowledgeable in ITIL (i.e. Service Transition and Service Management processes)
- Knowledgeable in Unix Shell scripting
- Knowledgeable in Cloud Service models: e.g. Azure’s PaaS, SaaS, IaaS.
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams at different technical skill levels, skill sets in a highly dynamic work environment.
- Strong ability to collaborate across business and IT groups, build relationships in a matrix organization
- Amenable to shifting work schedule and on-call assignment as needed by the business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge in the following:
- Unix (any flavor) and Windows systems
- ChangeMan DS, Serena Dimensions, Serena Business Manager or similar Software Configuration Management tools
- ANT, Maven, Subversion, GIT, Nexus, Jenkins, Sonarqube or similar software
- ServiceNOW (Change Management and Incident Management) and any Service Request Management platforms (e.g. IT Request Management, newScale’s Request Center)
- Windows Office Suite
- File Transfer Protocol and utilities